- Contact Information/Identifiers, including name, email address, postal address, phone number, username, business contact information, or other similar identifiers.
- Information Specific to the Services, including, in certain instances, order history, invoices, and preferences.
- Demographic Information, including age and gender, some of which may include characteristics of protected classifications under state or federal law.
- Device Information and Other Unique Identifiers, device identifier, internet protocol (IP) address, or similar unique identifiers.
- Internet or Other Network Activity, including browsing or search history, and information regarding your interactions with our Sites, emails, or advertisements.
- Payment Information, including credit or debit card number, or other financial information.
- Sensitive Personal Information (where permitted and in accordance with applicable law), we do not collect, use, or disclose sensitive personal information to provide the Services. If this information is required, we may redirect you to a third party.
- Job Applicant Data: Name, gender, age, date of birth, email address, mailing address, telephone number, social media profiles, and in certain instances, identification documents, residency and work permit status, social security number (which may also be considered sensitive personal information) or other taxpayer/government identification number. This data also includes any professional qualifications, prior employment history, education history, additional information included in curriculum vitae, and references, as well as notes collected by interviewers and other professional assessment information. If we offer you a job, we may collect additional background information, such as credit history and eligibility information (as permitted by law).
- Job Applicant Sensitive Personal Information (where permitted and in accordance with applicable law): social security number, driver’s license number, racial or ethnic origin, trade union membership, health and medical information (including where required, drug screening results), sexual orientation, and/or criminal history.
- Directly From You, when you use our Site or Services, contact us, sign up to receive emails, text messages, and/or postal mailings.
- From Our Third‑Party Partners, including from third parties that we have partnered with to provide you the Services that you have requested from us.
- Other Sources, including publicly available sources.
- To provide you the Services.
- To enable you to access and use our Sites.
- To communicate with you and to respond to your requests, questions, comments, and other inquiries.
- To understand what resources you use, if any, and to connect you to additional resources at your request.
- To send marketing and promotional materials, including information relating to our Services, as well as in certain instances those of third parties.
- To administer, maintain, evaluate, and improve our Sites and Services.
- To administer surveys and generally to conduct research and analytics related to our Sites and Services.
- To manage our business operations, perform our obligations and exercise our rights under any agreement that you or your organization has with us.
- For other purposes with your consent, or as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law.
- To consider individuals for employment and contractor opportunities and manage onboarding procedures, as well as to administer and improve our recruitment process.
- To evaluate our progress in achieving our diversity hiring goals, to ensure equal opportunity monitoring and reporting, to meet obligations, including providing workforce accommodations and for disability and workplace safety tracking administration.
- To comply with our legal or regulatory obligations, to establish or exercise our rights, and to defend against a legal claim.
- To detect, investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, including fraudulent transactions, attempts to manipulate or violate our policies, procedures, and terms and conditions, security incidents, and harm to the rights, property, or safety of MC² and our users, customers, employees, or others.
- Necessity to Perform Contract with You – We need to process your personal information to provide our Services, ensure Services are working as they should, answer questions and requests from you, manage our business relationship with you, and provide customer support.
- Compliance with Legal Obligations – We need to process your personal information to comply with relevant laws, regulatory requirements and to respond to lawful requests, court orders, and legal process.
- With Your Consent – In certain instances, we ask for your consent to process your personal information for specific purposes. Provision of your consent is voluntary, and you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
- Based on Legitimate Interest – We process your personal information to protect your security and the security of the Sites; to detect and prevent fraud; to protect and defend the rights or property of others, or our own rights and interests; and to maintain and improve the user experience.
The MC² Sites and Services use “cookies” to collect certain information to help personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you and can only be read by a server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
We differentiate between cookies that are essential for the technical features of the Sites and analytics cookies.
|Essential Cookies||These are cookies that the Services need in order to function, and that enable you to move around and use the Services and features. Without these essential cookies, the Services will not perform as smoothly for you as we would like them to and we may not be able to provide the Services or certain services or features you request. Examples of where these cookies are used include when troubleshooting and security purposes.|
|Analytics Cookies||Analytics cookies allow us to understand more about how many visitors we have to our Services, how many times they visit us, and how many times a user viewed specific pages within our Services. Although analytics cookies allow us to gather specific information about the pages that you visit and whether you have visited our Services multiple times, we cannot use them to find out details such as your name or address. We use Google Analytics. For more information about Google Analytics, please refer to “How Google Uses Information From Sites or Apps that Use Our Services,” which can be found at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/, or any other URL Google may provide from time to time. To access and use the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browner Add-On by visiting https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.|
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the MC² Services or Sites you visit.
Do Not Track Signals
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that visitors can set in their web browsers. When a visitor turns on DNT, the browser sends a message to websites requesting that they do not track the visitor. At this time, we do not respond to these signals.
- Service Providers: We may disclose your personal information with service providers that provide Services on our behalf or help us operate the Sites.
- Government agencies, regulators, and professional advisors: Where permitted or required by applicable law, we may disclose your personal information to government agencies and regulators (e.g., tax authorities, courts, and government authorities) to comply with our legal obligations, and to external professional advisors as necessary to defend our legal interests.
- Corporate Transactions: In the event of a merger, reorganization, dissolution, or similar corporate event, or the sale of all or substantially all of our assets, we expect that the information that we have collected, including personal information, may be disclosed to the surviving entity in a merger or the acquiring entity. Such information will be disclosed in accordance with applicable law.
- De-identified or Aggregate Information. We may aggregate and anonymize information you provide to us in such a way as to ensure it will no longer be identifiable to you. This data may be used for statistical, analytic, and administrative purposes, including analyzing our website traffic and trends, tailoring our Services, or conducting product analysis. We may disclose anonymized or aggregated data at our discretion, in accordance with applicable laws.
MC² secures your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. MC² secures the personal information you provide in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. Nonetheless, no such measure is 100% effective; therefore, we do not guarantee that your personal information will be secure from theft, loss, or unauthorized access or use, and we make no representation as to the reasonableness, efficacy, or appropriateness of the measures we use to safeguard such personal information. In the event of an incident that we are required by law to inform you of, we may notify you electronically, in writing, or by telephone, if permitted to do so by law. When personal information (such as a credit card number) is transmitted to other Sites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol.
We apply a general rule of keeping personal information only for so long as is required to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected. However, in some circumstances, we will retain your personal information for longer periods of time. We will retain personal information for the following purposes: (i) as long as it is necessary and relevant for our operations and to provide the Service, e.g. so that we have an accurate record of your dealings with us in the event of any complaints or challenge; and (ii) to comply with applicable laws, prevent fraud, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigation, and take other actions as permitted by law.
- Access: You have the right to request access to the personal information we hold about you, along with other information such as the purposes of the processing, the recipients or categories of recipients to whom the personal information has been or will be disclosed, the sources of the personal information, retention, and transfers of personal information.
- Correction: You have the right to request correction of inaccurate personal information we have about you. Depending on the purposes of the processing, you may have the right to have incomplete personal information completed, including by means of providing a supplementary statement.
- Deletion (erasure): You have the right to request that we delete your personal information. If required by law, we will grant your request to delete information. However, when we delete personal information it will be removed from our active database, but it may remain in archives where it is not practical or possible to delete it. In addition, we may keep your personal information as needed to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and/or enforce any of our agreements.
- Withdraw Consent:Where we rely on your consent to process your personal information, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time with future effect. Such a withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of the processing prior to the consent withdrawal.
- Data Portability: Under certain circumstances, you have the right to receive the personal information about you that you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format.
- Opt-Out of the “Sale” or “Sharing” of Personal Information: You have the right to direct a business that sells or shares personal information to third parties to not sell or share your personal information. However, we do not and have not in the preceding 12 months, sold or shared (in this context, share means use of your personal information for cross-contextual behavioral advertising) your personal information. We may use certain cookies or similar technologies (e.g. Facebook conversion cookie/pixel) for conversion purposes.
- Automated Processing: Under certain circumstances, you have the right to object to a significant decision based solely on automated processing (i.e., without human intervention) unless that decision is required or authorized by law. We do not engage in automated decision-making without human intervention.
- Right to Opt Out of our Use of your Sensitive Personal Information (in certain instances and if permissible under applicable law). We do not collect, use, or disclose sensitive personal information to provide the Services.
As permitted by applicable law, MC² may transmit the personal information we collect to representatives, global affiliates, and service providers in the United States or other countries where we do business that may be outside your home country, and may have different standards of data protection than your home country. We provide appropriate protections for cross-border transfers as required by law, including information transferred to third parties. With respect to such transfers from the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or the United Kingdom (“UK”) to the United States and other non-EEA jurisdictions, we may rely on the European Union (“EU”) Standard Contractual Clauses (“EU SCCs”) and the United Kingdom (“UK”) Addendum to the EU SCCs. As permitted by applicable law, you may request details about the suitable safeguards we have in place by contacting us as described below in the “Contact Information” section.
Occasionally, MC² Sites may provide links to the websites of third parties. In these situations, we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices they employ and encourage you to read their own privacy disclosures.
Our Site and Services are not intended for persons under 13 years of age. If we learn that we have collected personal information from persons under 13 through our Site or Services, we will take appropriate steps to delete this information. MC² does not knowingly collect or sell personal information from children under the age of 13.
Phone: +1 (551) 502-5000
If you are in the EU, or the UK, you may also have a right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
Effective Date. February 23, 2023
Last Updated Date. February 23, 2023