Staff Accountant, Chestnut Ridge, NY
Imagine an environment where your analytical and accounting experience are combined to create astounding trade show exhibits and permanent environments for some of the top brands in the world. MC² is that workplace. We have a rare opening for a Staff Accountant to join our amazing group.
An international leader in the exhibit and event marketing industry, we not only design and build beautiful exhibit and environmental spaces (the floors, walls and surfaces) but we innovate the technology within them. We lead the pack in creating dynamic places where people interact, face to face, with the world’s best brands. No exaggeration. All manifested from our 15 locations in the U.S. and our European location in Düsseldorf, Germany. This opening is resident at our corporate headquarters in Chestnut Ridge, NY.
About the position
The staff accountant will assist with the financial accounting closing process of the organization.
What you’ll do
- Assist with the monthly financial statement closing process
- Assist with monthly reporting of financial results and preparation of monthly reports and annual reports
- Be responsible for maintaining detailed reconciliations of certain balance sheet accounts and prepare necessary journal entries
- Support accounts payable activities to ensure accuracy and timeliness of accounts payable entries
- Be responsible for assisting the accounting manager with the daily treasury functions of the company, including maintaining a detailed cash disbursement system as needed and other related procedures
- Be willing to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Follow and communicate policies and procedures applicable to the day to day financial matters of the organization
What we need you to have
- Degree in Accounting/Finance
- A minimum of 3 years’ of relevant work experience in an accounting role
- Solomon and FRX experience a plus
- Public accounting experience a plus
- Expert written and oral communications skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Proven ability to multi-task, handle a high volume of work, meet deadlines
- Computer proficiency in Windows environment, database management, Excel
- Strong detail orientation
- Strong analytical skills
MC² offers a robust benefits package including Medical (4 choices of plans), Dental (2 choices of plans), 401K, Vision, company paid Life Insurance, company paid Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, Accident and Critical Illness Insurance–plus more. Our culture fosters teamwork, individual strength, and innovation, all in a dynamic environment!
MC² is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V.