Senior Environmental Designer - Paramus, NJ
Imagine an environment where your three-dimensional design and creative skills are combined to create astounding trade show exhibits, mobile marketing solutions, and permanent environments for some of the top brands in the world. MC² is that workplace. We have a rare opening for a Senior 3D Designer to join our amazing group.
An international leader in the exhibit and event marketing industry, we not only design and build beautiful exhibits and environmental spaces, but we innovate the technology within them. We are part of MCH Group, a leading global live marketing company with a comprehensive services network spanning the entire exhibition and event market, offering event and experiential solutions in the areas of consulting, strategy, conception, design fabrication, planning and production.
About the position
As an Environmental 3D designer, you will be responsible for creating assets to transform creative ideations into tangible experiences. You will work closely with our national team including creative directors, graphic designers, account executives and directly with our clients. The deliverables include visual themes, conceptual illustrations, final renderings and production specification packages.
What you’ll be doing:
- From conception to completion, you will design exhibits and custom display elements based upon client requirements by interpreting client brand, strategic input, marketing direction and budget to develop conceptual drawings for all new fabrication graphic projects and rental offerings
- Be involved in the production of working drawings and cost estimates
- Specify the finishes, materials, technologies and interactive elements
- Ideate and develop multiple concepts and content in-line with client goals & within appropriate deadlines/budget restrictions
- Function as a member of the overall production team in the development and execution of a project, attend shop fabrication production turnover meetings, along with check-in visits and client walk-through
- Be well-spoken to assist and present at sales pitches and client meetings
- At least five years of creative design experience
- Able to develop floor plans, elevations and construction control drawings necessary for estimating and production communication
- Ability to accurately and effectively communicate design concepts and requirements through hand sketching and/or modeling
- Working knowledge of design, production techniques and fabrication budgets
- Proficient in 3ds Max or willing to learn the software
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite software
- Understanding of best practices regarding design development and production process
- Understanding of design/production budgets and capable of designing to budget
- Excellent listening skills (your output matches the input)
- Strong organizational, time management and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team, meet deadlines and function in a fast paced, dynamic and demanding environment
- Some travel