Detailer/Draftsman - Chicago, IL
Imagine an environment where your AUTOCAD and drafting skills are combined to create astounding trade show exhibits and permanent environments for some of the top brands in the world. MC² is that workplace. We have a rare opening for a Detailer/Draftsman to join our amazing group.
An international leader in the exhibit and event marketing industry, we not only design and build beautiful exhibit and environmental spaces (the floors, walls and surfaces) but we innovate the technology within them. We lead the pack in creating dynamic places where people interact, face to face, with the world’s best brands. No exaggeration. All manifested from our 15 locations in the U.S. and our European location in Düsseldorf, Germany. This opening is resident in our in Carol Stream, IL office.
About the position
This role will serve as an active member of the project team by being responsible for producing plans and elevations for all aspects of tradeshow and exhibit programs. You are a born builder, innovator and creator. You are someone who feels most alive when making something awesome for the benefit of others. You will make our day by bringing a combination of craftsmanship, independence, excellent communication skills, and strong organizational skills.
- Produce plans, elevations, views, sections and details using established orthographic drafting standards and scaling practices
- Annotate drawings with hardware call-outs, finish notes and assembly instructions
- Complete redline corrections and additions as necessary on drawings following project manager review
- Produce layout plans for display fabrication, general dimensioning, carpet, electrical, hanging signs and graphic positioning for booth installation
- Plot drawings to HP plotter
- Produce line drawings for CNC router
- Sketch and field measure existing displays
- Site surveys for permanent installs
- Drafting sketching layouts to convert into CAD prints, floor plans, elevations, electrical setup prints, networking data setup prints, shop ready close up prints
- Strong technical, organizational and communication skills to develop clear concise drawings for installation & construction
- Work closely with engineering, sales, project management, and purchasing personnel on a daily basis
- Drafting degree and/or related experience
- Minimum high school diploma with a certificate/degree related to computer aided drafting/design
- Minimum of 2 years of hands-on experience in a manufacturing and project engineering settings preferred
- Proficient in 2D and 3D modeling CAD design programs and AutoCAD 2010-2014 preferred
- Experience in CNC programming a plus!
- PC skills, particularly in Microsoft Office Suite
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments simultaneously
- It’s important to have a heavy visual/3D acclimated mindset
- Construction prints, detailed assemblies, 3D/Isometrics, some cases verbal assembly instructions
- Must possess expert knowledge within CAD drawings
- Layer management and usage
- Drawing scales as they relate to text, dimensions, lines, viewpoints, etc.
- Cross-sections and profiles
- Expert knowledge of drafting, dimensioning, tolerancing and manufacturing processes.
- Excellent time management; Must apply attention to detail and have the ability to learn quickly
- Excellent communication skill (both verbal and written)
- Excellent listening skills
- Work overtime as needed