Business Development Manager - Paramus, NJ
FLSA Designation: Exempt
Imagine an environment where your passion for customer service, customer engagement and creating meaningful business relationships can help turn brand ideas into captivating experiential activations for some of the world’s most recognized brands. We are proud to say, MC² is that place. We have an exciting opening for a Business Development Manager to join our Business Development team based in our Paramus, NJ facility.
MC², an award-winning brand experience solutions agency, is currently seeking a highly motivated and forward-thinking Business Development Manager to join our Business Development team to be a key contributor to our organization’s global sales initiatives. With strategic thinking, inspiring designs, and seamless execution, MC² delivers growth solutions for our clients by creating immersive experiences that foster emotional relationships between brands and their audiences. Our solutions include experiential activations, trade show exhibits, pop-up stores, location-based experiences, events & conferences.
Position Summary/General Description
Responsibilities include creating new client relationships and sales opportunities for our services by executing telephone and mail sales campaigns to targeted organizations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct research on prospective clients, competitor activity, and industry or market trends to develop best practices and aid in the development plans, presentations and proposals
- Work independently, as well as closely with the sales team to identify targeted companies to contact
- Support the development of Responses to RFPs. Manage, support and track projects with internal partners.
- Participate in and/or leads agency capability presentations
- Work with multiple departments throughout project development
- Initiate and attend meetings, brainstorm sessions, and other internal and external conference calls
- Utilization of Hubspot to input and update activities, contacts and business opportunities
- Travel is required
Skills and Qualifications
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to influence at all levels of an agency or client
- Proven track record of successfully reaching and maintaining lead goals
- Great phone presence, as well as professionalism, is a must
- Ability to work well individually as well as in a team environment
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Knowledge of trade shows and corporate events a plus