Business Development Director - Long Beach, CA
Imagine an environment where you can contribute to the creation of astounding trade show exhibits, mobile marketing solutions, and permanent environments for some of the top brands in the world. MC² is that workplace. We have an amazing opportunity for a Business Development Director. This individual will leverage their experience and network to achieve sales business growth in the entertainment industry for the MC² Experiential Studio.
An international leader in the exhibit and event marketing industry, we not only design and build beautiful exhibits and environmental spaces, but we innovate the technology within them. We are part of MCH Group, a leading global live marketing company with a comprehensive services network spanning the entire exhibition and event market, offering event and experiential solutions in the areas of consulting, strategy, conception, design fabrication, planning and production.
About the Position
Responsible for generating new client business through networking and follow up on recommendations and leads. Drives and develops sales opportunities in accordance with group goals. Understands and translates trends in determining prospects and identifying potential revenue growth.
- Responsible for identifying prospects, potential opportunities
- Utilizes network to gain entry to decision makers and influencers with a known or unknown need for Experiential Marketing Services and Programs.
- Partners with Creative and Project Development; communicating findings, making introductions and securing meetings/ presentations influencers and decision makers.
- Leverages established business relationships and successes to enhance market position.
- Develops and provides understanding and service needs of the targeted market(s) and specific prospects
- Participates as appropriate in sales/capabilities presentations
- Maintains active membership and presence as part of the client community; seeking out and engaging in and networking opportunities and events.
- Responsible for administrative duties, budgeting, monitoring, reporting, communication
- Identify and assist In recruiting additional BD resources
Skills and Qualifications
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in the Entertainment Business; Studio environments
- Proven and measurable success at networking and leveraging relationship
- Ability to identify and cultivate business opportunities
- Ability to effectively interface with a diverse audience
- Track record of successful and progressive career development
- Excellent communication, presentation skills
- Strong written and verbal skill set
- Ability to work independently, self – direct
- Demonstrated understanding of market indicators and trends
- PC skills, focus on Microsoft Office Suite, WEB
- Travel necessary