Benefits Administrator, Paramus NJ
Benefits Administrator is responsible for planning and administering employee benefit programs including Medical and Dental, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Account (FSA), 401(k), Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, Leaves of Absence (LOA) and Workers Compensation. Responsible for communicating with employees, resolving benefit-related issues, and collaborating with other departments and external vendors. The Benefits Administrator is the primary point of contact for employees seeking information and/or guidance on benefits related issues. The Benefit Administrator maintains and updates employee records and benefits files, coordinates daily benefits processing, including enrollments, terminations, and claims. In addition, will advise and inform employees of the details of the company’s benefit programs, liaise with vendors and negotiate and coordinate contracts for new and existing plans.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administers and maintains company benefits programs. Functions as a liaison between vendors and employees and advises employees on eligibility, coverage, and other benefits matters. Compiles and maintains detailed benefits records and documents.
- Manages overall day-to-day administration of the benefit programs (including medical, dental, vision, life, disability insurances) and 401(k), including: enrolling, terminating, and modifying employee benefit coverage.
- Process employee benefit deductions and employee coverage changes in ADP, maintain database of employee coverage; review and approve invoices from insurance carriers for payment.
- Assist employees with benefit problems using tact, discretion and an expert knowledge of the benefits plans, policies, and administrative procedures. Serves as first point of contact for employees regarding benefit questions or requirements, providing necessary forms when requested.
- Maintains the integrity and confidentiality of human resources files, benefits information and records.
- Keep up to date with latest HR/Benefits trends and best practices.
- Assist with planning and execution of the yearly benefits open-enrollment and organization-wide meetings.
- Manage leave of absences and Workers Compensation.
- Assist with development and distribution of Benefits communication materials.
- Provide support to other HR functions/personnel as needed.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in human resources, business, finance or a related field.
- 2-3 years of experience as a benefits administrator or in a similar role.
- Highly organized, efficient, and skilled at multi-tasking
- Positive and personable demeanor with good listening skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willing to take initiative and work independently when needed
- Meticulous attention to detail and ability to accurately follow instructions
- Works well under pressure and able to meet tight deadlines
- HR competence and knowledge of HR process
- Professional integrity, sense of responsibility and maintains high confidentiality
An international leader in the exhibit and live event marketing industry, we not only design and build beautiful exhibit and environmental spaces (the floors, walls and surfaces) but we innovate the technology within them. We lead the pack in creating dynamic places where people interact, face to face, with the world’s best brands. No exaggeration. All manifested from our 15 locations in the U.S. and our European location in Düsseldorf, Germany. This opening is resident in Paramus, NJ.
MC² offers a robust benefits package including: Medical (3 choices of plans), Dental (3 choices of plans), 401K, Vision, company paid Life Insurance, company paid Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, Accident and Critical Illness Insurance–plus more. Our culture fosters teamwork, individual strength, and innovation, all in a dynamic environment!
MC² is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V.